Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ready or Not

I posted a few days ago about the next step our family is taking, becoming a foster family.  I mentioned that things are moving quickly, and we realized a few days ago that we are looking at mid-January for our first placement.  That meant I needed to get my rear in gear and start shopping...on craigslist!



I got a great sleigh crib on craigslist for $50 and got the lady to throw in the almost new mattress for free!



Then I was able to find 17 Bum Genius cloth diapers (if you haven't heard of my love toward cloth diapers, click here) for $8 a piece! They are normally $20 a piece.  Originally, I snubbed my nose at buying used ones, but this lady kept hers in better condition than I keep mine, so we're probably better off with hers anyway.  Lila eats a lot of prunes...enough said.



Then we were surprised by the Houghs at youth group last night with a car seat from a friend of theirs.  It even matches the one we already have! Lila could go in either this one or the infant one we currently have, so we'll just wait and see how big our next baby is.


Meanwhile, let's keep it real, this is a glimpse at what the rest of my house looks like.  Yes, those would be coats on my kitchen table as well as three cake stands, an unmade graham cracker house, an empty tin, and some mail.  I also still have a table in the middle of my living room, the dining room halfway painted, and cheerios EVERYWHERE.   When we visited Johnny at work today, we told his boss to let Lila crawl around on the carpet.  She was worried that it was too dirty, and Johnny said, "Our floors are probably dirtier." I didn't argue.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment