Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gingerbread House Party 2012

One thing that I absolutely love about the Christmas season is hosting a Gingerbread Graham Cracker House Decorating Party.  I love planning it, getting the food ready, and frantically texting Katie to bring Parmesan cheese thirty minutes before it starts.  I build all the houses ahead of time and just let people decorate throughout the night with whatever they can find on the candy table.



I had a record turn out this year.  Even Lila's best friend Hayes got to come!



For food, I served bacon wrapped shrimp, candied pecans, sparkling candied cranberries, spinach dip puffssea salt caramels, mulled wine, a cheese platter bien sur, and...


...three kinds of macarons! After my long battle with the macaron, I have finally, for the most part, figured them out and was able to make Candy Cane Macarons, Gingerbread Macarons, and Chocolate Chunk Macarons.


Everyone did a great job making their houses.  Some people, like my cousin Melody in the front, have been making these houses with me since first grade when my mom threw our first decorating party.



In the background you can see our almost finished dining room.  I promise to post before and after pictures once we have things like curtains.


I really enjoyed myself at the party this year and even got to decorate a house because everyone passed Lila around .


In my mind, it's officially Christmastime!  Merry Christmas!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment