Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hutson Dining Room Before and After

So I'm realizing that this isn't going to be much of a BEFORE and after because I only have one before shot. But after four months of working on our dining room, we are finished!

Before:



After:

 
Obviously, the walls were the thing that took the most time in this room. We attempted to strip off this lovely wallpaper, which didn't work very well, so we just hung up some plastic sheeting and sanded the whole room...probably giving ourselves lung cancer in the process.  The walls are still a bit rough in spots, but it's done, and I'm happy.


The wall color is Sherwin Williams "Santorini" and the trim is Sherwin Williams "Snow Bound."


For the curtains, I knew that I wanted some kind of grey stripe to tie in the hallway, but after looking all over town for fabric or ready made curtains, I was coming up with nothing.  While shopping at Target one day, however, I marched over to the bedding section and found some sheets that were exactly what I wanted for these curtains.  I bought a Queen size set, cut the flat sheet in half, sewed up the sides, opened up the top and voila...new curtains.  And I now have a bonus fitted sheet and two extra pillow cases.  Always a plus.



Even Lila often enjoys the new dining room by standing at the back door and looking into the yard.



She also likes to lick the window apparently.
 
 At this point, we have painted almost every room in the house.  I'm starting to set my sights on our family room as our next big project, but I think we might take a little break...and completely redo Lila's new room instead.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment