Thursday, December 1, 2011

Home Again Home Again

If you couldn't tell, Johnny and I went out of town for a week for Thanksgiving....and I did nothing about my blog that entire time.  We had a nice little break at his parents' house in North Carolina, but now it's back to the grindstone.  I do want to finish out my month of thankfuls, so here's the blitzkrieg version.

November 22: I am very thankful for safe travel.  Johnny and I had our worst flight ever going into North Carolina.  Not only can I not sit for more than 25 minutes at a time because of some muscle stretching in my back (thanks baby!), but the flight had so much turbulence that we weren't allowed to get out of our seats or get drinks.  I ended up just standing up anyway because I couldn't take it anymore.  Take that Delta.

November 23: A healthy baby is next on the list.  We just had another check up, and everything looks good.  Also, Baby Hutson has decided to move around like a crazy person.  I can lie in bed and watch my stomach move all over the place.  Sometimes I'll feel a little fist or a little foot kicking.  Johnny's side of the family is convinced it's a boy.

November 24: Next, a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We were a small but mighty group of Johnny's parents, his sisters, us, and Ms. Pat.  The day started out with a Turkey Trot that the baby and I watched...


and then later we made candy turkeys...


 and had a yummy dinner.  The turkey turned out great, and Johnny made Brussels sprouts that were all the rage.


November 25: It's definitely hard to be away from my extended family on holidays, so I am very thankful for my mom and how she has always supported us going wherever we wanted for holidays.  I'm thankful also that she took us all to see A Christmas Carol last night at the Missouri Rep.  God bless us! Everyone!


 November 26: I am thankful that I finished all of my Christmas shopping and crafting for the Hutsons before our trip so that we could bring them with us.  My wrapping this year is brown paper, plaid or striped ribbon, and cloth letters mod podged onto the packages.  Thanks Pinterest!


November 27:Even though I didn't get to see any of them this Thanksgiving, this year I am very thankful for my closest friends.  Some of us have been friends since sixth grade, and I'm so glad that we are still involved in each other's lives.


(Sarah M...I think you're usually taking the pictures...)


November 28: I can't forget, of course, to say that I am thankful for you!  When I started writing this blog, Johnny was convinced of two things: #1 That I would never keep up with it and #2 That no one would ever read it.  So thank you for keeping up with the Hutsons and sharing your lives with me through facebook comments as well as comments on here.  

November 29: This was my dad's birthday, so I am very thankful for his life and that it wasn't cut short with his heart attack years ago.  Fifty-one.  He made me promise when Johnny and I got married that he wouldn't be a grandfather until after he turned fifty.  We listened!  Happy Birthday Daddy!


November 30: Finally, I am beyond thankful for this upcoming Christmas season.  I love having time to celebrate Christ's coming to earth to free us from sin and death.  I am so thankful for our new church family at Redeemer Presbyterian and for a husband who is excited to raise our children to know Christ and the bible.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good trip, that sucks about your flight though. Take that Delta indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you both in Cary, NC. Will be great to have another Hutson added to the list. Love, Ms. Pat PS:The picture of you and your Mom is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete