Monday, May 12, 2014

Lila's Basement Playroom

I was hesitant to post about this because it's not really that awesome and the colors really don't match and it's just a yucky basement, but this play area has ended up being really fun for Lila, so here ya go.

Now that the weather is nice and Lila isn't playing inside all day long, I finally finished tricking out our basement for the girls, complete with discarded rugs from throughout the house.


Lila's got her trampoline down here...


...as well as this sweet swing that I ordered from Ikea.  For those of you Kansans who are looking forward to Ikea coming our way, this swing required a hair dryer and a paper clip to put it together.  Can't beat that.


My grandpa made me this easel when I was little, so I'm enjoying watching Lila play with it. 


Lila's "pee-u-dur" has a prominent place in the basement so that she can send emails.


Marker station thanks to Diane Decker.


Hand-me-down slide from Meriahna and Sydney.  Notice my collection of diapers on the left from Olive's diaper shower.


Also notice my collection of crap that has been squished into a little corner.  As long as I never need any of it, we should be ok.


I am currently keeping the girls' toys in the flower pot we used for Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors back in Philadelphia. Waste not want not.


Besides the swing, Lila's favorite thing in the basement is her dollhouse, also thanks to Diane Decker.  Notice "Miss Puzzle" (aka Rapunzel) is taking a bath.  Someone is usually using the toilet as well.


And you're welcome for waiting to take the pictures until it was dark and rainy outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment