Tuesday, May 6, 2014

South Lake Park

Lila, Olive and I have been frequenting some pretty fun parks lately, so I thought I would document them and pass our opinions on to you all.

This last weekend was National Guard weekend, so that means Johnny's gone in Topeka and I feed Lila lots of sugar.  After feeding her sugar in chocolate chip pancake form at the Big Biscuit on Saturday morning, we went to South Lake Park just west of Metcalf on 87th.  We had never been there before, so I thought we would be adventurous and check it out. The coolest part about the park is the big "lake".  You can fish in it and take boats out on it as long as they have no motors.  There were all kinds of cute ducks for the girls to look at and a couple of docks to sit on.


There's also a nice path around the lake if you're into that sort of exercise thing.


Now, because I have nightmares about my children falling into lakes, ponds, swimming pools, puddles, etc., we stayed away from the pond and played on the playground.  Lila loved it because it had swings.  Lila would love Siberia if it had a swing.


It also had what looked like a really fun play set...


...as well as this awesome spider webby thing that I really wanted to go play on but took the boring mature road and decided not to.


I will say that I literally had to drag Lila out of this park because she wouldn't get off of the swing.  So she gives it two thumbs up and gives mom two thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment