Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Baby Quilts

We've been so lucky to have two good friends have little babies close to each other for the second time in a row!

Our friend Emily, who lives down under in Australia, had a little boy a few months ago.



I was so excited to get to use this adorable whale fabric to back the quilt that I made for him.


I originally bought all this fabric the week before Lila was born, thinking that she was going to be a boy.  Oops.
 
 Then right after Emily, our good friend Laura had a little baby boy too! 


These owls are just too adorable.  Laura's older daughter used to love owls and make the cutest little owl noise, so I thought it fit.


After all this boy stuff, I had to get a little pink in there and make Lila's quilt for her room.


I mentioned before here that a lot of the fabric I used on her quilt was scraps from other projects.  I really like being able to look at her quilt and remember all the different quilts that have gone before, if you will.  It also meant that I spent under $50 on a full sized quilt.



My new Bernina machine allows me to make these quilts in a crazy small amount of time.  There's a lot less yelling and silent cursing going on in my basement dungeon craft room these days.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment