Friday, March 15, 2013

Sibling Rivalry

We have had quite the week in the Hutson household.  On Monday afternoon, we got a call for our first fostering placement, a little six day old boy.  We've spent the week getting used to having two little kiddos underfoot, and by underfoot I mean one underfoot and one put up as high as possible so that the underfoot one can't poke his eyeballs out.


Lila was very excited when I first walked in the door with Little Guy.  She kept saying, "Buhbuh! Buhbuh!"  That excitement was fairly short lived, however, when she realized that when I'm feeding him I can't hold her.  She doesn't understand that he is fragile, so she continually tries to put her fingers in his mouth, pet his head, crawl over him, etc.

There was a point, though, a few days ago when I had him in the swing, but it wasn't swinging. He started crying, and Lila speed-crawled over to him, stood up, and started manually pushing the swing.  Probably a little faster than he wanted, but it's the thought that counts. I think there's hope for her after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment