Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby Hutson Two Point Oh Update

If you're anything like me, you might have forgotten that I am pregnant.  But I indeed am, and as pregnant people are wont to do, I went to the doctor's office yesterday.  I read Entertainment Weekly from May, peed in a cup, and got weighed.  Usually I hate getting weighed as a pregnant woman because every month you just get bigger and bigger, but this time around I actually lost weight from my last appointment.  Oops.  I don't know how it happened; I mean my meals typically consist of Lila's leftover macaroni and a Luna bar and the Veggie Straws that I find on the floor.  Ok maybe it's not that bad, but you get the picture.

So for the last 48 hours I've been eating whatever I want, telling myself that I'm not allowed to lose anymore weight.  I mean when can you ever say that to yourself? (I did, however, get a spam text message today asking me if I was tired of being fat.  I did NOT go to their website thank you very much.) Johnny has been out of town for the last week and a half for National Guard, so I decided to order Chinese food for dinner.  I got some crab rangoon, sesame chicken, and BROWN rice.  We wouldn't want to go too overboard now would we?



Some more fun news from the doctor has to do with my due date.  I don't know if you remember Lila's crazy entrance into the world, but long story short, they broke her collar bone in order to get all nine pounds of her out.  My doctor said that this time around, it's likely that the baby will be even bigger and will have the exact same problem.  Wonderful.  Another ogre child.  Anyway, the good news is that the doctor wants to induce me and will do it as early as 39 weeks if it's a big ol' ogre baby.  No waiting around for 41 weeks this time, Baby Hutson 2.0.  That also means that I pretty much have to get an epidural, so no going back and forth about whether or not I'm a good mom or a strong woman if I get one.  Bring on the pain meds.

So here's my plan for the next 29 weeks: eat, find my box of maternity clothes that I literally just put away, figure out how to wear a Baby Bjorn while pregnant, continue to allow Lila to wave to the new baby and kiss my belly, and don't eat cold lunch meat or unpasteurized cheese.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Read your Baby Bjorn label. I'm pretty sure that it says do not wear when pregnant. (Um, yeah right!)
    -Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can trade the Baby Bjorn for a person to carry him around for six months.

      Delete