Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fostering Update

The last time I wrote anything on here about our fostering situation was back in March when I let everyone know that we were going to take in Little Guy's older sister ("Come and Knock on Our Door").  I have to be careful about what I post when it comes to fostering.  I can't use their real names; I can't show their faces; we pretty much have to pretend that they don't exist when it comes to the internet.



But they do exist! And they are a huge part of our lives, so I wanted to give a little update on what's going on, especially with another Hutson on the way.

We got Little Guy on March 11, and then his older sister (22 months at the time) came along the last week in March.  The first month with all three of them was really, really hard.  Johnny and I obviously weren't sleeping well because we had an infant, and Lila and Little Sister were having a really hard time getting along.  They had to learn to share everything and to not hit each other when they're angry...which we're still working on.

Slowly, very slowly four months have gone by since we got Little Guy.  Things have gotten better because we've all gotten used to each other and gotten into a routine.  The hardest part of the situation is always being in the land of the unknown when it comes to how long we will have them and where they are going.  A typical case lasts six to nine months with the goal always being to send the kids home if it's possible and safe, and we're moving into month five without a lot of forward motion.  We're praying for patience, and I do think I'm being granted that request to some extent.

Now that another Hutson is coming at the beginning of February, I am very eager to figure out where this case is going, but it's possible that you might see me at Trader Joe's in January with a giant belly and three kids in the shopping cart.  If that happens, I advise you to turn around and go to another store so that we don't ruin your shopping experience.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. haha, you're such a good writer! The more kids the merrier I always say... but for others, not myself. So excited for baby Hutson #2!

    ReplyDelete