Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pinterest Envy

I rarely peruse the "kids" section of Pinterest because it makes me feel like my kids are under-stimulated cave children who eat anything they get their hands on (I mean you really let your 18 month old play in a "sensory tub" filled with beans and you're NOT doing the Heimlich every 20 seconds? And edible play dough?  Remind me why we are encouraging eating art media again?).

But today, while everyone was napping, I found myself bored with the "food and drinks" section, so I hopped on over to "kids."  I got all excited to do messless finger paint with the kids and to practice their fine motor skills by putting stuff into other stuff.  So this is what our fun play time looked like before they got up from naps.



Then Little Sister got up first and immediately tried to open the Ziploc bags full of finger paint.  I couldn't find any tape to close them with, so that idea ended right there.  She did enjoy, however, putting straws into a milk jug.


And then Lila got up.  The game quickly turned into how quickly can you dump all the straws out and then leave the room and go upstairs so that mom has to clean it up.


I think I'll stick with looking at Christmas decorations.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment