Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Hutson Family Vehicle

Well, while Johnny was gone for two weeks for National Guard, I did what every wife does when their husband is gone: buy a new car!  I've been scanning craigslist for two months looking for either a Toyota Highlander or a Honda Pilot.  We had very specific criteria because we were planning to pay with cash (no debt makes life better, folks!), so I had been looking and looking to no avail.

But finally, last week I found a great deal on a 2003 Honda Pilot.  It can fit all of our kids plus our double stroller and our groceries, which was the first criterion, and it's not a mini van, which was the second.



Lila was also very excited to find out that it has a DVD player.  We don't watch a lot of TV, but the drive out to our foster kids' visits is an hour round trip, so I popped in Beauty and the Beast, and Lila about had a conniption.  She was kicking her legs and laughing and kept yelling "Mama!" and then pointing to the DVD player.

She stopped laughing, though, the first time that the Beast came on.  After that she just said "Mama" over and over with a worried expression on her face.  We might just stick with Winnie the Pooh for today's visit.

PS. I might add that Lila inherited this fear of the Beast from my sister.  Our grandma didn't have a lot of movies (Old Yeller, Fantasia), but she did have Beauty and the Beast.  However, we could never watch it because Jessie, even as an elementary schooler, was too afraid of the Beast.  Will I ever be allowed to watch it?!  Sheesh.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment