Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fabric Recycles

I mosied into a new fabric store yesterday called Fabric Recycles on 92nd and Metcalf.  The premise of the store is that they sell already cut pieces of fabric that they've purchased from estate sales or from individual collections.  There are all kinds of sizes and patterns, and they say that the fabric is sold "at a fraction of the price" of retail stores.



Now if that "fraction" is 7/8 of the price, I would agree.  The fabric is slightly cheaper than retail stores like Jo-Ann's, but the selection is so large and smashed together, that I found it difficult to find anything.  And when you remember that you're buying used and randomly sized fabric, you wonder why it isn't cheaper.  I did think that it was a good place for getting really small pieces of fabric.  I was able to get a few pieces for $0.65 each since I only needed scrap sizes for the project I was working on.  Overall I would recommend that people check it out, especially if you enjoy searching through a lot of options for a good deal.  However, I personally will probably not be hurrying back any time soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment