Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Minkies!

Because things are so hectic around here, I haven't been able to do much crafting of any kind, especially making quilts.  I really wanted to make some quick blankies for our two foster kids, so I looked around a bit and found this fabulous tutorial for Cotton Print and Minky Blankets.  Minky is that super soft fabric that often has raised dots and is used for baby things.



They are so quick and so easy that I can make one in a nap time.  So I've gone a little crazy and made about a million.


One great thing about the minky fabric is that it is a lot wider than normal fabric, so there are always left overs.  I've got quite a few friends who are pregnant, so I've been going through my scrap fabric and making burp cloths with the extra minky (same tutorial as the blankies, just smaller).


It's very satisfying to have projects to do that are easy but end up looking really cute.  And if you can pass them off as gifts to friends, even better.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment