Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monday and Tuesday

What I wanted to write for yesterday...and then forgot to...was that I am very thankful for Winstead's Cherry Limeades!  For those of you who don't live in Kansas, Winstead's is an old restaurant that serves steakburgers, milkshakes, fries, and other heart attack-inducing food items that are so good.  I was frustrated yesterday and went and got a Cherry Limeade, and do you know what? I was in a much better mood after that.

Today I am thankful for new friends.  I am going to a recipe exchange party tonight with the women of our new church.  I am bringing Spiced Pumpkin Bread as well as the recipe for it.  I've tried probably five different pumpkin bread recipes, and with a few tweaks, this one is the best.  I thought you all might like it as well!



Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Adapted from Colonial Cooks!

1 C Sugar (could do less or use part honey)
1/2 C Apple Sauce
2 Eggs, beaten
1 C Canned Pumpkin
1/3 C Apple Cider
1 1/4 C White Flour
3/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Allspice
1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1/3 C Chocolate Chips (more or less)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix sugar and apple sauce.  Add eggs, pumpkin, and apple cider.  Mix thoroughly.  In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.  Stir just until moistened.  Add chocolate chips.  Bake in greased bread pan for 1 hr.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. The picture above is the recipe doubled. The regular recipe only makes one bread pan.

    ReplyDelete