Thursday, November 10, 2011

Two for One

Actually it's more like two for two because I got behind one day.  For Wednesday, I am thankful for crafts. Yes, laugh all you want, but I love having the time and ability to take a bunch of scraps and make something fun, like this wreath.



I took a bunch of scrap fabrics from quilts that I had made (Meriahna and Sydney had fun picking out patterns they recognized from pajamas and quilts that I had made them).  Then I cut the scraps into strips about  1.5in by 5in, give or take.

Using an old wreath frame from Hobby Lobby, I individually tied the strips onto the frame with single knots.


Push all the knots together, and eventually, you get a wreath!



And for November 10, I am thankful for living close to family.  Johnny and I had my cousin Melody and her husband Brett over for dinner last night.  It's really fun to have grown up together and now be living near each other, knowing that our kids will get to grow up together too...though they need to hurry up and have a cousin for Baby Hutson.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment