Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day Two

The first task for today was to baby proof the fireplace.  Instead of buying a fireplace guard for $24.99, we decided to go to Home Depot and get some pipe insulation for $0.97 a piece and some duct tape.  Lila liked playing with her giant noodles.


Now that the fireplace is baby proofed, Lila can't stay away from it.  She is either chewing on it, trying to pull off the guard, or crawling on top of it.
 


The second task was to clear out any clothes that we weren't wearing anymore.  Since I was already in our closets, I decided to organize them as well...except for my own because that was too daunting.

Our hallway closet didn't have much extras, but I was able to get all of Johnny's army gear into one location.



Johnny's closet had a few outdated ties.  I left the Hawaiian shirt...you never know when you're going to be invited to a luau. 
 

I didn't get rid of anything in Lila's closet... 


...but I was able to get all of her too small clothes organized into bins along with all of my maternity clothes.



All in all, we have a nice little bag of clothes to donate.



My third task was to get recent pictures developed.  I spent $6 developing photos at Costco and $150 on toilet paper and paper towels.
For tomorrow: organize the linen closet, clean the oven, wipe down Lila's crib, and make a teething cover for Lila's crib 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment