Tuesday, January 1, 2013

31 Days

Since Lila was born, our house has gotten a lot less organized than I want it to be.  Now that we hopefully have another baby coming at the end of the month, I decided that we need to hunker down and get our act together.  I have put together a 31 Days of Organizing for the month of January that includes things like getting rid of old clothes, organizing photos on the computer, and meal planning.  My hope is to put up what I'm doing each day to hold me a little bit accountable...but let's be real, we all remember the diet.

Day One: Buy shelves for the basement, organize craft area, declutter back of the basement, and organize Johnny's tools and paint.

Whew!  We had a lot to do today, but Johnny was home and willing to work, so we got our little rears in gear and cleaned the basement.  Here's what the basement looked like this morning.

 
 


And here's what it looked like after a few hours of cleaning and decluttering.



 
 

Notice that there is no smiling Lila in the last pictures because she wasn't smiling after hours of being ferried between two parents covered in dust and grime.

For tomorrow: Baby proof the fireplace, print out photos, get rid of clothes that we don't wear
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with you guys! We cleaned our entire house on Sunday and it was pretty much the worst day ever. So, when Chris asked me what our new year's resolutions should be I said, "hire a maid?"

    ReplyDelete