Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dinner: Done

I didn't post last night because I was sitting at Chili's, drinking a margarita with my friend Lauren, sans babies.  We had been trying to get our kids together for the last few weeks but sickness had been getting in the way. When our last rendezvous was foiled by the flu, Lauren suggested that just she and I go out some night.  I started laughing because that thought hadn't even crossed my mind.  It was so nice to be able to talk without being worried that someone was going to fall over.

But we can't have margaritas for dinner every night, so one thing that I have done during my 31 Days of Cleaning is organize all the meals that I typically make.  I got a bunch of index cards, and on the front of each card I wrote out a typical meal (ie. Chicken Sausage, Baked Potatoes, Asparagus, and Cooked Apples).  Then on the back of each card I wrote out a grocery list for that meal (chicken sausage, russet potatoes, butter, cheese, asparagus, olive oil, apples, cinnamon, brown sugar).  On Sunday I go through my stack of cards and pick five meals that I want to make that week.  Then on Monday I take the cards to the grocery store and have a ready made grocery list.  So far, I have been really pleased with this system.



I was really pleased with a new meal that I made last night: Pioneer Woman's Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup.  My picture makes it look not amazingly appetizing, so go look at her yummy pictures.  It was easy, fairly healthy (I used nonfat half and half), and goes a long way.  Lila loved eating the potatoes...along with her graham crackers and goat cheese.



We're getting closer and closer with our dining room, coat closet, and Lila's room.  I still have a bench in the middle of my living room, but it's a nice new obstacle for Lila.  Tomorrow I'm planning to buy fabric for the dining room curtains, and I'm hoping to actually make them.  We'll see how long Lila is willing to jump in her Jumperoo.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment