Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hall Closet Before and After

It is with great joy that I present to you all my Pinterest inspired front closet redo.

Before:


After:
We took off the doors as well as the ugly scalloped covering and painted the inside to match the hallway.  We removed the clothes hanging pole (that's the official term) but kept the shelf.  For some reason my upstairs hallway looks lime green.  It isn't.  It's the same color as this hallway.



After much contemplation as to whether I should buy a new bench, an old bench, or make one myself, I up and bought this one at Home Depot and threw it in there.  I made the pillows out of leftover curtain material from the kitchen and the dining room (I promise that dining room before and after is coming soon...ish).


The main reason I liked this bench was for the storage.  PS. I bought four of these baskets in college, and I have used them for everything from bedside tables to bathroom organizers.  Baskets are always a good purchase.



The closet already had some great hooks that I moved around to more useful locations.


I kept the existing shelf and had Johnny paint it white.  I absolutely love this painting on the left.  It's another 20x200 purchase.  My brother and sister got me the vase for Christmas from Anthropologie; love it.
 
 Lila is pleased with the new seating area.


The thing I like the most about this closet redo is that it has turned our front hallway into another living space.  We I pretend that the gate to the upstairs is the zoo, and I put all of Lila's animals behind it and see how long it takes for her to get them out.  I suppose she just finds it annoying.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Well done Hutsons! Rach, I have that same vase except it's green and the flower is purple. Charlotte got it for me last year and I love it so much! We are vase sisters! Have a nice weekend, miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete