Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I Don't Remember What Day We're On Anymore

Work began on Lila's big girl room today.  She is pretty excited.




And by work I mean that I dusted the baseboards.



We also got started on Lila's new quilt for her big girl bed by shopping at JoAnn's.  Forty-five minutes, forty-five cheerios, and one clementine later, we had all this cute fabric.  I don't know when I'm going to make said quilt because Lila tends to eat things like fabric, batting, and wrapping paper when I take her into the basement with me, but hopefully it will get done before we officially move her in when our first baby arrives.



Tomorrow, besides working on various sewing projects that aren't included in the 31 Days of Cleaning, I am going to focus on organizing photos on my computer and making sure that they are all backed up in various locations.  I am anticipating this taking a very long time.  Suggestions for how to organize?

1 comment:

  1. Probably pretty obvious... but I do mine by year, month, and then event. For example, 2011/October/Jane's Birthday. Or, if you have a bunch of random ones that aren't from a specific event and you forget their date, you can usually right click on the file itself, find the photo properties/info, and it'll tell you the date. Then I do something like 2011/October/Khyra or 2011/October/Khyra Outside, usually the more specific you are with folder names, the easier it is to find things later. I never rename the photo files individually, that'd take way too long. Just make sure you have them in clearly named folders. It might also help to go through your calendar as you do this, and you'll remember specific events that you'd forgotten about, or get the dates more accurate.

    ReplyDelete